Written By: Tami
Confession: I've been super stressed out lately. I also have issues with anxiety, so it's been tough. But I know how stress can wreak havoc on your health, so I make it a point to relax and de-stress.
I thought I'd share 15 (free) ways that you can relax and de-stress in the hopes of helping other people who may need it!
2. Have a heart-to-heart conversation with your best friend. Sometimes you just gotta get some feelings off of your chest.
3. Spend some time in nature. Take a walk or just sit outside, no matter the weather.
4. Dim the lights and light some candles. Read a book, drink some tea, or just sit in peace and pay attention to your thoughts.
5. Exercise - it may be obvious, but it's a great way to work off your stress.
6. If you have a pet, cuddle with him/her - one of my personal favorites! :)
7. Read a (fiction) book and get lost in the story.
8. Watch funny videos, movies, or TV shoes and laugh.
9. Spend some time on your favorite creative outlet, or try a new one. Even something as simple as coloring in an adult coloring book can help calm you down a lot.
10. Surf Pinterest for some DIY projects or recipes and make one.
11. Enjoy a glass of red wine - it's been proven to actually help your health.
12. Take a nap - as long as it's not too long, you'll wake up feeling refreshed and calm.
13. Pamper yourself - take a bubble bath, give yourself a mani/pedi, put on a face mask, and/or treat your hair.
14. Write down 10 things that you're grateful for. I'm the biggest believer in the simple power of gratitude!
15. Clean something. Doing mindless tasks, such as washing dishes or folding laundry has been proven to help people relax and clear their minds. Maybe that's why I love cleaning so much!