Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Easy DIY Carpet Deodorizer

Written By: Tami


I love coming home to a house that smells amazing! We all want our houses to smell good, right? (I hope so!) But between our families, pets, and life, there's a lot of cleaning that needs done. Even though we're constantly cleaning, and even though your house doesn't stink, sometimes it needs a little something extra. Something to give it a good scent.

Every home has a natural smell and this super easy DIY deodorizer can turn your house's smell into something amazing! It can make your house smell extra good, plus help clean your carpets. And - added bonus - there are no harmful chemicals like the store-bought carpet deodorizers!

Over the past year, I've become more mindful of what chemicals and products I use in my home. I've started to make a lot of cleaning and beauty products. And the simpler the ingredients, the better! Essential oils are the best, but you probably already knew that!


You just need two simple ingredients for this: baking soda and your favorite essential oil. I usually use lavender because it's one of my favorite scents, but I've also used lemon and peppermint and they were great too. You'll also need something to sprinkle the deodorizer on your carpet. A lot of people use a mason jar with holes drilled in the top, but I just use an old Parmesan cheese container that I made look prettier! ;)


All you gotta do is add 10-20 drops of essential oil of baking soda and voila! Just shake it up and allow it to sit for a few hours to settle. Then sprinkle it onto your carpet, let it sit for fifteen minutes, and vacuum it up. Easy, right? And your house will smell heavenly, I promise you!

No comments:

Post a Comment