Friday, September 2, 2016

Day 2 of 30 to a More Organized You

Today is our second day to having a more organized month.
Let's do this!



Challenge
Plan to succeed.

Make a list of roadblocks you might encounter along the way. Then think of ways to overcome each obstacle.


Gain support and interest from your family. Ask, "If one thing could be different about your life, what would it be?" They may dream up their own 30-day plans!


Our Writers' Responses

Meredith
I consider roadblocks to be the same as coming to a crossroads in one's life. Unfortunately, I've been hitting a lot of them lately. I need to remain hopeful that these roadblocks will soon one day become easier, as I move on. Roadblocks, no matter how big or small, are a way of life. You can overcome any roadblock you set your mind to.


A few of my personal roadblocks are having enough income to support myself and my son. It's a constant worry in a parent's mind - will there be enough money for whatever the reason. But, also trying to remember that everything happens for a reason and trying not to become overwhelmed with anything that is out of your control. Another roadblock is how many hours there are in a day. Some days I feel rushed, as I forget that we only get 24 hours in a day and we don't have to do everything all at once. I need to learn to pace myself and enjoy the things that are currently right in front of me.

If one thing could be different about my life, it would be to have more patience. The greatest things in life aren't going to happen over night.

Shannon
There is no doubt about it. Having a clear vision of simplicity is essential. However, it is just as important to understand any potential challenges and limitations. In order to succeed, it is important to plan. To think ahead and overcome any potential obstacles.

My own personal roadblocks include having enough money to live - without losing sight of the things that make me happy. Another roadblock is finding time to do the things I love to do - without feeling overwhelmed. To overcome these issues, I plan to schedule my time effectively, make good use of my daily planner, and learn to say "no" to activites that are not a good use of my time. My hope is that these steps will allow me to find a better balance between work and my passions.

If one thing could be different about my life, it would be the amount of time I spend working at a job that does not allow me to be creative. It makes me feel limited and my passions become hobbies rather than a source of full-time fulfillment.

Tami
To me, success just means living a life that makes me happy; living my ideal life. I'm pretty happy with my life right now, but I plan on reaching my goals by working hard and staying focused. I might have obstacles along the way - things like getting overwhelmed, encountering difficult people, rejection, etc. But if I just keep going, don't give up, and don't let those discourage me, then I can overcome them. If one thing could be different about my life, it would be that I had more time to all the things that I want to do.

Deanna
The truth is, I don't think much in terms of roadblocks. To me, there are things that get in your way and you face them as they come. I tend not to think much about roadblocks until they are right in front of me, I'm so busy working on whatever it is I'm working on! If something comes up, I deal with it as quickly as I can. But, if you'd like to see some of the goals I'm working towards here is a list of my 101 Goals in 1001 Days.

Denise
The greatest roadblock I usually encounter is fear. Recently, I write an article and got personal and I feared it was not good enough for the intended audience. Finally I submitted it. Not only did people like it, but it was also one of the website's most widely read and talked about pieces. It even gained attention from some high profile people. Overcoming fear is a challenge. It helps to surround yourself with supportive, positive people. Also - realize most people struggle with fear. Successful people just force themselves to take a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment