Tuesday, August 9, 2016

What's My Morning Routine?

Written By: Shannon Boyce




Beep! Beep! Beep! That sound begins each and every morning. The wall of sound from my alarm clock shocks me out of bed at 6 a.m. Well, at least during the week. My weekend wake up call varies based on whether my body allows me to sleep in or not. (It does not always. Like this past weekend where I was up at 4 a.m. and could not for the life of me fall back asleep. Sigh!) My job starts early. 7 a.m. to be exact. That means my morning routine is scattered and rushed. There is no luxurious face masks or homemade meals. It is always go-go-go. Intrigued? Here is a breakdown of my typical morning routine.

6 - 6:05 a.m. The very first thing I do each morning is turn off the alarm. I begrudgingly pull myself out of bed, walk across the room, and stop the obnoxious beeping. Then I head straight to the kitchen. It is time to whip up my morning meal. I quickly grab a bagel and pop it into the toaster. Then I pour myself a glass of cold water before walking back towards the bedroom.


6:05 - 6:10 a.m. Next up? Grabbing my clothes and bad from the bedroom. I like to lay these out the night before. That way I can save time in the morning. During this time, I will get dressed quickly. Then head back to the kitchen to put a slice of cheese on my bagel. Like I said...there is no time for a homemade meal. It is a bagel with cheese. Every single morning. Which is why I like to mix things up on the weekend with cereal, a muffin, or some fresh fruit. My breakfast travels with me to the powder room. On an average weekday morning? I eat my breakfast while putting on my makeup.

6:10 - 6:25 a.m. Now for the fun stuff. Or the not so fun stuff. Putting on makeup is usually a fun and creatively fulfilling experience for me. At 6 o'clock in the morning? Putting on my makeup is anything but exciting. It is simply something to get done. Most days, I stick to my Urban Decay Naked palette or the Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bons palette. Most of the shades are neutral and easy to wear. Not too dramatic, but certainly not boring. Both palettes allow me to mix and match or create a super simple one-shadow look. That means I can put my makeup on in five to ten minutes. Depending on the day. Once the eye shadow is done, I add on a little bit of eyeliner and a coat of mascara. Then I apply a bit of bronzer to my cheeks. See? Simple.

6:25 - 6:30 a.m. It is crunch time. At this point, I am usually wolfing down whatever remains of breakfast and am putting together everything I need for the day. Then is it time to head to work. Usually, my husband will drive me. But every so often I take the bus there. Which means my routine will start a half hour earlier. (Needless to say, I like it when he drives.)

That is it! My typical morning routine. It is far from glamorous...but it gets the job done.

Click here to check out the next Morning Routine post from of our writers.

No comments:

Post a Comment