Thursday, August 25, 2016

Day 51 ~ Haircut Silent Treatment and Salads!

Mark was scheduled for another haircut today. I couldn't take the "poof" anymore. He was starting to look more like a mom than my little boy. While he totally HATED it and me for putting him through such a horrible experience, he no longer is "scruffy." He's also ready for t-ball in a few weeks. I received the silent treatment for the remainder of the day, like I usually do, no surprise. He was buddies with my sister the rest of the day and anytime I tried to talk to him he would glare at me and walk away. Lucky for me, I was able to get some things done around the house.


For the last few weeks, I've been leaving little mental post-it notes around the house for myself for where I should move certain pieces of furniture to make a more family friendly room. I've even had a few of those moments, where you stand at your bedroom door and just visualize the room changing before you.


A majority of Mark's toys are in the family room, while there are still six canvas bins of toys in the bedroom. I've noticed over the last few weeks that he barely plays with them, because he's hardly ever in the room besides nap time and bed time. I know I want to move all the toys into the family room, I just haven't done it yet. So, it's on my to-do list and I'll have to do it when he's sleeping - in my parents room.

This weekend, there is a family expo at the local convention center and they usually have those big bounce houses (which I would never get Mark off if we went) and they hand out samples and talk about products for families and their kids in order to make a sale for whatever the item is. I missed last years and would love it if I can go this year, but I'm not sure I want to bring a toddler into a convention center event. We'll see.

The Paleo lifestyle has definitely made me think about what I order off restaurant menus. I can't remember (well, I can) the last time I had something fried or even a cookie. I know if I eat them, horrible cramps will take over my body. Just watching what I put into my body in the last 24 hours, I've noticed that I eat a ton of greens and more protein than I have in a long time. What's even better is that when I'm hungry, I am actually craving those things and not junk or processed food.


One salad I seriously miss and I wish we had a closer Hungry Howies; they used to make these giant cobb salads. I'm not sure if they still do; I haven't been able to find a picture of the exact salad of their's, but they were amazing - even for a pizza joint.

I've been thinking about salads a lot lately. What are some of your favorites? I would love to try something I haven't heard of before.

Goodnight everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment