Saturday, July 23, 2016

What Makes A Great Boss/Leader?

Hello Everyone,


As I was going through some YouTube video's about learning how to operate my business as an It Work's Distributor, I stumbled upon a quote in one of the video's that didn't have an answer. The lady was asking the question... What Makes A Great Boss/Leader? She didn't have a follow up post or video about it, so I'm assuming it's left up to interpretation for the viewer. So, here's mine:


STAY POSITIVE AND GRATEFUL
"Don't Complain"; "Nobody Cares." Two different chapters from a book, The Hard Thing About Hard Things, by Ben Horowitz. You can make a million excuses for why something doesn't go well, but ultimately, just move on. Be a solutions person.


BALANCE
Continuing on about "Nobody Cares"... I've noticed that once you graduate high school, the cliques that you used to belong to fade away... It's simple and to the point... if you don't care about yourself, no one is going to care about you. I realized that the most important thing I could do for my team was not to hire only great people, great writers who have simple or extraordinary backgrounds, but to believe in myself. If you put yourself on your own pedestal, believe in yourself, remove all the negative from your life... people will want to feed off of your positive vibes. 


MANAGING A TEAM
When I talk about On Your Mark, I like to review to my writers as "Our Writer's"...why? No one ever works for you, they work with you. WE work as a TEAM! Their reasons for working with me is completely up to them. They may love to write, they may love to explore the different opportunities for their writing, they may love __(fill in the blank)__. We are a team. We built this blog together. On Your Mark would not be where it is today without them & I thank them every chance I get.


TAKING RISKS
What else is there to do? Say no? Would you say no to an opportunity that may be slightly out of your comfort zone? Push your limits. Trust yourself. Wing it. If you fall, get up and do it again... even if it takes 365 times. But, don't forget to OWN IT!

~Meredith

No comments:

Post a Comment