Thursday, July 14, 2016

My 5 Favorite Beauty Books

Written By: Deanna

I have been in love with this book since I first set eyes on it, which was a couple years ago. There are very few books I actually go out and buy after reading them from the library - this was one.

I have to admit, it's not filled with ground breaking, earth shattering ideas, but it is a light read and it focuses on beauty from around the world. I love that. I've always loved the idea of knowing beauty secrets from around the world.

Doesn't that sound amazing to you?

Well, now you have your chance!

I'm praying to the beauty gods that a "part two" comes out eventually, but in the meantime, check this out!

This is the first make-up book I've ever read, and I still love it. It's super informative and super helpful in terms of basic make-up application. And lord knows I need the basics still!

This book has been a part of my life for a long time now, and I still go back to it, as well as the other books by these authors.

It's an easy read, and that's important, for me at least, and I think for anyone who is just starting to get into makeup.




"Dita Von Teese divulges the beauty secrets that have earned her a frequent spot on international best dressed lists and high-profile fashion show rosters. She takes the reader through every step of her signature looks."

Yup, that's right from the book cover, but doesn't that sound amazing? I mean, who doesn't want to look as flawless as this woman? This is such a fun book, and an even better conversation starter!




Esthetician to the stars, Raisa Ruder learned her time-tested beauty techniques from her Ukranian grandmother.

This is honestly such a cute and light read. Full of fun, and frugal ideas for every day fixes with everyday items.

There seem to be tricks for every beauty concern you could ever have, and all easy to get your hand on, or find if you don't already own.

While there are a fair amount of "tried and true" recipes in here, there were also some I'd never heard of! Perfect little book for someone just starting out, or for a super quick read, while you've maybe got a face mask on. It's an easy read that will leave you ready to start beautifying!

So, you want to know more about hair care? I don't blame you.

Now, there are a few books in here that will have good hair care tips, but this one is an interesting read. I tend to have a lot of "natural, diy, organic" books on my TBR list, but this one is all about Salon Secrets.

When I first picked this book up, I was a little skeptical. That's how I am with professionals. But, this book has a lot of honesty, and I like that. This isn't a salon professional trying to sell you something.

No comments:

Post a Comment