Thursday, September 8, 2016

Day 8 of 30 to a More Organized You

Today is our eighth day to having a more organized month.
Let's do this!


Challenge
Shop smart.

Brainstorm one main list of groceries you typically buy. Synchronize the order of the items with the layout of store aisles. Photocopy, post on the fridge, and circle items as you run out.


Gather clipped coupons and pitch expired ones. Organize the rest in a purse-size accordion envelope.


Staple necessary coupons to your list. If their order mimics that of items on the list, you'll avoid riffling through while shopping to see what brand you need.

Our Writers' Responses
Meredith
This is a challenge that I love, because I have quite worked this into a new habit of mine. Even though I have constant reminders all the time in my planner. If you're planning on saving money at the grocery store, one of the best tips that anyone could give you, is to make a list before going. By sticking to that list, it WILL save you money and time. If you're into coupons, GREAT! That will save you even more money. Go grocery shopping with coupons on sale days... save even more money! It's a win-win! When I make a grocery list, I paper clip my coupons and place the list by my purse, so I'll remember to grab it on my way out the door. 

Denise
Because living in the country means a trip to the city for errands, grocery shopping can feel like a chore. I like to stock up while there. My grocery list changes with the season. Eggs, cheese and bread seem to always be on the list. We tend to go to the butcher for out meat. However, my absolute favourite place to grocery shop is the area farmers' market. There is no better way to eat seasonally and get the freshest wholessome foods around.


Tami
Keeping a "staples" list of things that we normally buy on my refrigerator makes things so much easier - along with a grocery list to write down things, as we run out of them. And I keep all of my coupons in my little green coupon binder, so they're always easy to find.

Shannon
Shopping is something I am very good at. Shopping smart, however, is not where I excel. I never use coupons, price match, or search for the best deal. All I care about is what happened to be closest. Not exactly the best way to save money! This month, my goal is to look in my local paper for coupons, stick to my grocery list (and only my grocery list!), and choose cheaper store brands. Hopefully, I can start to establish some money saving habits. By the time October rolls around... I might be a super shopper!

Deanna
I am beginning to master the art of shopping once a month! After all the summer fun, and spending too much money, I felt like it was about time we got back on our budget, which includes $50 a week for food. Though to be honest, we normally do a big shop once or twice a month to take advantage of a few sales! Because I shop a lot of sales, I don't use a lot of coupons - except the ones I load onto my phone that are from the store! It's funny; as you learn to shop once or twice a month, you start to stock up on things - which means you never run out. I don't remember the last time I ran out of anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment