Friday, September 16, 2016

Day 16 to 30 to a More Organized You

Today is our sixteenth day to having a more organized month.
Let's do this!


Challenge:

Major in addition and subtraction.


Base new purchases on this simple equation: Will "adding" this "subtract" from my life? Will it be more work to store it, clean it, repair it than it's worth?


Plastic "money" can really add weight to a wallet. Streamline by the canceling of credit cards you never use.


Our Writer's Responses
Meredith
Go through your wallet and see how many credit cards you have... more than 3? 5? 7? It's time to get rid of some of that plastic. Credit Cards.... a blessing at times, but they can also quickly turn into your worst nightmare. If you have credit cards, I would suggest you only have three. Get rid of the others. If you aren't able to control your spending on three cards, then get rid of one. If you have more than three, pay the one with the lowest bill and only use it for extreme emergencies, such as replacing your blown tire. The more credit cards you have, more than likely the deeper in debt you are.

I personally don't have a credit card, but I will be getting one, as soon as I can decide which one. When shopping for a new credit card be sure to read all the fine print, to the find the one that better suits your spending budgets.

Deanna
I actually don't have a credit card, so that was easy! It's honestly never been something I needed, so I've never thought about it.

Denise
For the longest time, I did not have credit cards. When struggling with finances, I found going into unnecessary debt was easier to avoid without credit cards. Now, I limit myself to one. I find this keeps things simpler and less of a hassle - come time to play.

Shannon
Remember that episode of Seinfeld? The one with George's massively overstuffed wallet? Mine isn't quite that bad... but it is definitely crammed with unnecessary items. From expired credit cards to my school ID (I graduated many years ago), receipts, and store loyalty cards, my wallet could use a little love. It has been a long time since I have properly cleaned it out. So, this challenge came at the perfect time. I started by emptying my wallet completely - and putting only the things I needed back in. By the time I was done, there was just a handful of cards and some loose change. I could actually zip up my wallet! Talk about a miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment