Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Alternative Temporary Tattoos ~ Earth Jagua Kit Review

Well... I received the package of the Earth Jagua Kit by Earth Henna and read the directions. It looked like it was going to take a lot of prep and time to do it right. So, I put it down and tried to make time for it. I was finally able to get some time on a day off.





I took all the parts out of the box to make sure it was all there and started to mix and prep. It was fairly simple to mix the dye, they provided the tools you need to keep it neat and clean, as well.

At first, the dye was rather stinky, but then the smell went away. I chose a pattern from the provided sheet; you could free hand this if you have a steady hand. I do not. I picked the top of my thigh, because I am a security professional and I am not allowed to have visible tattoos. On my leg was easy, I can't imagine trying to do a pattern on my arm. It would be difficult to keep from smudging or seeing what you are doing well.


Then came the hard part, sitting still for at least two hours, which in my world is nearly impossible, and of course, I smudged it. I tried to clean it up as best I could, but it still came through when it fully developed.

When I was finished, I also did a design on my flat mates arm just to show different body parts. My mate was a little more successful, he has patience. At the end of two hours, we were both dried and ready to clean off. I was able to wash most of it off; there was a small trace of the initial pattern.

 

The next morning, the design started to really darken up, and you could see where I smudged, but it wasn't really that bad. My mate's came out pretty good. 

Things I Learn While Using The Kit
  • Patience, get some, it takes at least 3-4 hours start to finished and then up to two days to fully darken.
  • Don't be afraid to use a heavy hand and really fill in the area you are "painting."
  • Use a test subject if it's your first time.
  • Take your time.
  • If you want a tattoo and don't want to commit right away, it's a fun experience.
  • If you want something tribal, it would be great. Nothing too delicate, the lines would be hard to keep minimal.
Thanks for reading

Kristine E F Boyce
For Salon Confidential Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment