Wednesday, August 17, 2016

What's In My Makeup Bag?

Written By: Shannon Boyce

My makeup collection is... extensive. I have drawers upon drawers of eyeshadows, palettes, lipsticks, and blush shades. By my own confession, I am a bit of a makeup addict. I love creating different makeup looks to suit my mood. Feeling romantic? Brown eyeliner and a soft lilac eyeshadow shade is all you need. Want to go bolder? False lashes and a vibrant pop of colour. Sultry? A smokey eye that is anything but ordinary. That is the amazing thing about makeup. It can be whatever we want it to be.

Despite my massive collection of beauty products? My on-the-go routine is pretty simple. I rarely touch up my face during the day. That's right. I am a set-it-and-forget-it kind of girl. So, the items that are in my makeup bag tend to be pretty minimal. Want to take a peek at my essential items? Here they are...


Maybelline New York: Fit Me Shine Free Foundation Stick. This is one of my all-time favourite makeup items. I like to layer it over top of my foundation in areas that require a little extra coverage. The texture is silky and smooth - and has a lightweight feel on the skin. The Fit Me Shine Free Foundation Stick is perfect for touch ups throughout the day. It is quick, convenient, and easy to use. The shade I have is 115 Ivory, but there is a decent rang of shades to choose from.

Cover Girl Advanced Radiance Pressed Powder. It is always important to have a pressed powder on hand. You never know when you might need a quick touch up. Or when you need to combat shine. The powder in my makeup bag? The Cover Girl Advanced Radiance Pressed Powder in 105 Ivory. This offers a very light amount of coverage...but I like it because it doesn't make the skin look cakey or flaky.


Clinique Moisture Surge Gel Creme Moisturizer. The next product in my makeup bag? It is a serious must for me. My skin type is dry and sensitive. So, I always always need to have a moisturizer on hand. Moisture Surge from Clinique is one of my favourites. It is lightweight, but offers tons of moisture. It can also be layered on top of foundation without shifting the product too much.

Wet n Wild Walking On Eggshells Eyeshadow Trio. I don't usually carry eye shadows with me. However, this is one of the trios that comes with me on important days (or nights) out. It has everything you need for a quick fix. A while shimmery shade, a medium brown, and a pretty champagne colour. As you can see from the picture above? This has been used time and time again. It is fabulous.

Elizabeth and James Nirvana Black Perfume. It has been a long day. One with lots of running around. That gorgeous perfume has long faded. Which is why I always like to bring a small rollerball or perfume sample with me. Lately? It has been the Elizabeth and James Nirvana Black perfume. The scent is musky, but super feminine. It is ideal for a night out or a girly get-together.

Make Up Bag Post #4

No comments:

Post a Comment