Saturday, July 30, 2016

Fruit Water Ideas

Written By: Deanna

So, recently I got one of those cute little water bottles with a compartment for you to put fruit in. Oh goodness, I love it to death. So, today I wanted to share with you a few of my favorite recipes.

But first, let's talk about flavored water for a second. A lot of people say that drinking fruit infused water can help detox you, clear up skin issues, promote hair growth, and leave you feeling energized. Do I believe that?

Well, the truth is, I'm not sure what to believe. Yes, of course getting a little extra fruit will be good for you, but on the other hand how does the water affect the fruit? I've done a fair amount of research into this - and of course you have the two opposing sides. So, I'm going to share what I think: Yes, you will see benefits from the fruit in your water. As you let your water sit, flavor and nutrients will seep into your water.

That being said, if you're only using 2-3 strawberries a day, it's going to take a while (but everything adds up!), however, the biggest part of drinking flavored water is that it is healthy. It is just water and fruit. It's cheap, and it gets you taking one small healthy step!

Of course, I'm not claiming to know this for sure, I'm just speaking from what I know for myself - so, I would love to hear your comments on it! And with that, let's get into the recipes.

I like to keep it simple!

1 - pineapple, mango, watermelon.
2 - orange, strawberry, mint.
3 - lemon, mint.
4 - grapefruit, strawberry, mango
5 - blueberries (I freeze them to help keep my water cold), lemon, orange.
6 - mango, peach, lemon.
7 - lime, mint.
8 - cinnamon, orange.
9 - mint, lemon, strawberries, watermelon.
10 - green tea, orange, mint.

Note: I like to boil my water, as I feel it helps infuse the fruit with the water!

So, there you have it, some of my personal favorites! Will you go try them? What flavor combos do you love?

No comments:

Post a Comment