Monday, June 13, 2016

Family Vacation Day 1 - VACATION!

Hello Everyone,

On June 4th, my family came down from New York; my aunt, uncle, cousin, her boyfriend and their 2 year old daughter. While it isn't the entire family, it was still nice to see them. The last time I saw my cousin and her daughter, I was quite pregnant with my son (36 weeks).



They visited for a week at their timeshare down by Sea World. My mom, sister, my son and I stayed with them 5 out of 7 nights, but we spent 6 days with them at the Sheraton Vistana Villages in Orlando, Florida. We only live about 45 minutes north east of them, so it was easy to take a few days of things, come home, do some laundry and then head back out for a few more days.

My aunt and uncle ended up getting a 3 bedroom timeshare this year (they usually get a one bedroom). So, we ended up in one of the buildings in the back with a quieter pool, quiet neighbors (away from the loud guests). Our pool was known as the St. Augustine, complete with a pirate ship for the kids.

Bridge facing our building and St. Augustine pool deck.
Saturday night, we headed to Maggiano's Little Italy on I-Drive for my aunt's birthday dinner. While we wanted the staff to sing happy birthday to her, she wouldn't have liked that, we only asked the waiter to bring a cake with a candle.

Cheesecake with Strawberries & Tiramisu
If you ever come to Orlando, this is a go to nice dinner place. Make sure you make reservations in advance. You must check out the family meal: Deconstructed Bruschetta with Fresh Mozzarella, Caesar Salad, Pasta & Meatballs, Chicken Parmesan, Parmesan Crusted Tilapia and of course the dessert posted above. Everything is in house - they have their own dressings, sauces - the works!

Here are some other great views from our visit:

Sunset at Main Pool
Hammock by Main Pool
Upstairs of Main building

~Meredith

No comments:

Post a Comment