Tuesday, June 7, 2016

A Simple Skin Care Routine That Leans My Skin Amazing

Written By: Deanna


I have always wanted to have nice skin since I was 12 and I started to get pimples. My "best friend" at the time liked to tease me about it. Now that I'm old enough to have confidence in myself and realize that she was probably just being unkind to make herself feel more secure, I'm pleased to say that I finally have that skin I would have killed for when I was little!


But, I also heavily believe in not spending loads of time, and I like saving money. So - how do I do it?
Easy!
  • First, I found a face wash. I really like the Body Shop stuff, and currently am using the seaweed one. I also love the tea tree.
  • Second, I have a good scrub. I actually make my own scrub with coconut oil, Epson salt, sugar, grated lemon, and a little lemon juice. I can't give you the exact measurements because... well, I don't measure things. But, just recently I've gotten really into coconut oil scrubs. They just leave me feeling so clean!
  • So, now you know what I wash my face with. Let's talk about moisturizer. I have three. One is coconut oil (that doubles as sun screen, I'll do a post on that later!), the other is The Nutriganics stuff from Body Shop, and third is by The Face Shop. Mostly, I just decide on what one to use depending on what one is closest to me.
  • I also pick up a few pomegranate face masks from Shopper Drug Mart (they sell the Life brand ones 3 for $5) or each week I make my own. Depending on how lazy I'm feeling on my weekends.
  • If I am making my own mask it doubles as a hair mask and is made of: 1 egg, 1 tsp olive oil, 1 tsp lemon juice, 1 tsp honey. I apply this for an hour and rinse off before using ACV as a toner.
  • Along with the skincare, I have to attribute my clear skin to my healthy diet. I won't give you all the details to that in this post - but the key things: drinking lots of water, eating healthy snacks and lots of veggies.
Well, there is it. I know it doesn't look like much, but I'm not going to sit here and add more stuff that I don't actually do just to make it look better. The truth is, skin care doesn't have to be hours worth of work, or cost you as much as a mortgage. It can be simple and still get the job done, it's just a matter of finding what works best for you.


This is what works best for me, and I hope you'll be able to take something away from it that will help you as well!


No comments:

Post a Comment