Friday, May 6, 2016

Fizzle....BANG!

Hello Everyone,

While I was watching Easy A this afternoon with my son, (1. I like that movie & 2. he isn't old enough to understand what it is about) I sat there wondering what today's post was going to be about.


First off, my son and I are finally feeling better after that horrible virus snuck into our house. I would like to say he got it from his playdate daycare that he goes to twice a week, but he wasn't at school the week he came down with that nasty bug. I didn't get it for a few days after him, but it was nasty.

Second... the lovely gift that keeps on giving, has now made it's way to my parents. Happy Mother's Day Nana (eek! Sorry!). Not to worry, I'll have her covered.

~~~~~

Let's talk about future changes... new beginnings. What are they? I'm glad you asked. Well, for some time now I've been searching for the best DSLR camera for me to take FABULOUS pictures of my son (mainly, so I can stop paying for professional pictures for birthday's and other events), family events, trips to the beach, trips out of state (or anywhere really), etc. I finally found one and after reading a TON of reviews... I found love with one in particular. And IT WAS ON SALE! Double-wammy score!!

Today, I purchased a Canon EOS Rebel T5 DSLR camera from Target (my go-to shop for, well, everything - they're going to make me go broke). It is originally $829.99, but the sale right now is for $399.99. It's about a 52-54% drop in price. I'm a SALE type of girl - no matter how much money I make. Here's what it looks like:


While I was waiting on a Target employee to assist me, I noticed another little camera that I could carry on me anywhere. And, of course, it was also on SALE. This is a Canon PowerShot ELPH 170 IS 20MP Digital Camera. Originally $120, I bought it at $62. Here's what it looks like:


I've already taken pictures with both cameras and I'm completely in love!

Now, why did I just buy two cameras that are polar opposites of each other?

Well, I just booked a 3 night trip to Savannah, Georgia with my best friend. But, this is a different story for a different post (coming soon).

I will also be using these cameras to the blog. Anything that I need to capture and add to my posts or throughout my page, will be taken with these. Why don't I use the camera on my phone? 1. It takes up a lot of battery and space, 2. It also takes the personality out of a picture for me.

I want to one day, hopefully soon, take a photography class to learn things I don't know anything about. I want someone who knows what their doing with a DSLR to teach me how to get the pictures I want. I'd like to take FABULOUS pictures of my son at any given time. 

So, let's fizzle into the future with our goals and EXPLODE with our new beginnings throughout life!

What are your future goals and how do you plan on achieving them?

~Meredith

No comments:

Post a Comment