Monday, September 19, 2016

Day 19 of 30 to a More Organized You

Today is our nineteenth day to having a more organized month.
Let's do this!


Challenge
Tripped up by time traps?

Identify where you repeatedly lose little bits of time. If you search for your keys each morning, hang a nail inside the front and back doors. Deposit your keys there each time you come home so when you're ready to leave, you'll know exactly where they are.

Always dashing to the drugstore for a birthday, anniversary or get-well card? Buy a dozen blank greeting cards and write your own wishes for any occasion.

Our Writer's Responses
Meredith
I actually keep blank cards on hand at all times, because you'll never know when you're going to need one. Most of my cards are blank, but I have a few that are generic for either gender of birthday or anniversary celebrations. The one's I have blank are mainly for my downline employee's through It Works! I mail out random "thank you" notes, as well as asking how they're doing through snail mail. Everyone loves getting snail mail that isn't a bill!

Denise
I do love keeping stationary around and love being able to support local (and not so local) artists. Shopping on Etsy is a great way to get some diverse picks. I am always prepared and it's always fun to reach into my cupboard of cards to see what I pull out!

Shannon
Sometimes I wonder how much time I waste looking for things. Running around. Feeling frantic. Last week, I put my keys down in front of the fish tank. Then I spent half an hour trying to find them the next day. Giving things a designated spot is something I am actively working on. Not only that everything has a place, but that everything is being put in that place. The biggest thing for me are my keys and cell phone. Which is why I am aiming to focus my attention on them this month.

As for being prepared? This is something else that intrigues me. There is nothing worse than having to dash to the store because I need a card, an envelope, duct tape, or some other essential that has slipped my mind. So, I have attached a pad of paper to the fridge to make a list of things I need. Once it's on the list? I have two days to go pick it all up. I am hoping that will save me time and energy.

Deanna
I prep for the day ahead the night before! Everything I need goes into the bag I'll be using or onto the table where I keep the bag. It helps make sure that I'm focused on packing for the day ahead and that I don't forget anything!

Tami
I'm working on building up a gift and card closet for last minute occasions like this. Unfortunately, I'm horrible at remembering dates, so this is going to help me out a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment