Sunday, September 18, 2016

Day 18 of 30 to a More Organized You

Today is our eighteenth day to having a more organized month.
Let's do this!


Challenge
Be a movie star.

Unlabeled videotapes and DVD's are often lost and hardly ever enjoyed. Sit down with a glass of hot cocoa, and pop your home movies into the player. Once identified, affix a label to each of them, listing the subject, place and year.

Store videotapes and DVD's vertically, like books on a shelf, and the one you want will easily be easy to locate. A stack of blank labels nearby insures your library will always be up to date.

Our Writer's Responses
Meredith
With the technology today, hardly anyone has their home movies on videotapes. More than likely, everything has already been converted to writable DVD's. While my parents still have home movies from when I was a child, all of my son's home movies are kept on an external hard drive - so I can access them anywhere I go (as long as I bring the external hard drive with me).


Shannon
Here is a strange confession: I do not have any home movies. No, really! Growing up, we never had a video camera. Neither did our neighbors, friends, or extended family. Part of me is a little envious of people who did. They can look back at those beautiful memories and sweep up in nostalgia. Sigh! Since I do not have home movies, I decided to sort and label my computer files. Specifically, my family photos. It was a larger task than I realized. It took hours and hours to sort, label, and organize. So, I stopped with the images currently on my computer. (My external hard drive and printed photos will have to wait for another day.) It is a start at any rate.


Tami
I don't have any home videos. But I probably will whenever I have kids, so I'll be sure to do this then! Haha. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment