Saturday, September 17, 2016

Day 17 of 30 to a More Organized You

Today is our seventeenth day to having a more organized month.
Let's do this!


Challenge
Make a home.

Help children find a place where each toy lives. At day's end, when little ones are off to bed, their toys can go home to bed too.

Adults can adopt that thinking as well: Return everything to its home before retiring at night, from dinner dishes to the TV remote.

Our Writer's Responses
Meredith
Mark hasn't really grasped the idea of putting certain toys in certain places. However, he is getting to that age soon. While we just grab anything we can and put it in whatever bin, just to clean the room. He is aware of his blocks being in a plastic bin, while his stuffed animals go to bed in their canvas bins in the shelf. His outdoor toys do, however, have their own "parking spots" within the patio - away from the rain and wind (as much as possible). His powerwheels and wagon toys (which he only plays with outside) is always parking in the garage - as most cars should be parked.

Denise
Sometimes when we live with others, our houses just can't stay how we would like them to. There is value in compromise and letting go of things that just don't matter. However, be sure to carve out one area of the house that makes you smile - whatever that means to you and however you need to achieve it.

Shannon
By the time bedtime rolls around, I am totally exhausted. My typical day consists of an 8-hour shift at work, a 45-minute walk home, and 4-5 hours of freelance writing work. No wonder I leave things all around the apartment! Dishes are rarely put away before bed, mail is left out on the table, and leftovers don't always make it to the fridge. This is something I am actively trying to change. For the last couple of days, I have been doing a quick sweep of our space before bed. Just to make sure everything is in place. It has been difficult to do, but I am hopeful that I can keep it up...and just as hopeful that I can keep walking down this new (organized) path.

Deanna
The truth is, I probably won't be doing this. I'm sure for a lot of people it will be easy, but after dinner, I work on my part-time jobs - so that time gets dedicated to work until bedtime.

Tami
I try to do this every night, but I honestly forget sometimes. I need to try to make a routine out of it! It makes my morning's easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment